Emma is very passionate about improving the environment and spreading awareness of environmental issues. She runs Hereford Community Clean Up Group and was awarded the Environment Community Champion in 2018 by Herefordshire Council.
Emma started working for the Parish Council in June 2022 as the Street & Grounds Cleaner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To regularly remove and collect litter/Dog Excrement/Broken Glass from all Streets in the Parish of Credenhill, Credenhill Community Centre and The Roman Park and dispose of as directed by the Parish Clerk.
- To empty bins on the Roman Park and dispose of as directed by the Parish Clerk.
- To complete a weekly work log provided by the Council for monitoring purposes, recording accurately the hours worked.
- To identify and record on the work logs the main areas of litter pollution, dog fouling and any graffiti and/or vandalism within the village by visual inspection.
- To work with the Parish Council to establish new ways to reduce the litter problem.
- To report Fly Tipping, Fly Posting and Dog Fouling on Herefordshire Councils website.
- To communicate with the public, work colleagues and contractors in a courteous, respectful and appropriate manner in order to maintain good relationships.
- Weekly visual inspection of the Community Centre and Roman Park; report to the Parish Clerk any Health and Safety issues observed.
- To undertake any training deemed necessary, attend meetings if required and wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- To complete any other related or emergency duties as directed by the Parish Clerk in line with the responsibility of all employees to provide a service to the public. The hours of work will be up to 36 hours per month, worked flexibly to accommodate the needs of the service.
Emma is also an active member of the Parish Council’s Climate Change working group.